Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Bring on the Books!

It's starting. The Summer book hoarding gathering is upon us. Mouse and I could make To Be Read lists until the end of time. I think it is completely possible that we could spend our days reading reviews, perusing the stacks and writing titles on whatever slips of paper we found handy, for pretty much the rest of our lives. Happily researching, Merrily listing while humming show tunes. ( I hum a pretty sweet "Everything's Coming up Roses") THEN we start the collecting, the downloading, the requesting, swapping/borrowing and it's great. No, it's Fricken' Awesome. It's like treasure hunting. A book high. I want to think we look as adorable as this sweet, pink mary-janed poppet to my right. Hauling our treasure away. But I suspect we look more like the lovely book hoarder below. I don't care how it looks. I just know how good it feels. To find a book, hold it in your hands and wonder. Will you fall in love, find adventure or make a life long friend. Books are magic. It's why we love them. They take us places, and make us feel things. Book love is transformative. It's starts when you hear your first bedtime story and if stays with your whole life. True, deep, abiding Love. Magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment